For years, I have looked longingly at animations I see online and wished that one day, I too could be one of those amazing illustrators who creates animations using the incredibly complicated and expensive Adobe After Effects program. Then I realized I could recreate the same style I was seeing online with just a few steps on my iPad! Here is a look at one of the techniques:
The process is about five million times easier than animating on a computer, and it literally only takes a few minutes to learn. Ready to start animating your lettering? Check out the class trailer.
In the class, you’ll learn how to turn your hand lettering into animations that make your lettering really stand out online. I’ll show you several different types of lettering animation, so you can choose the method that works best for your personal style.
- how to create a simple animation with moving decorative elements
- the basics of the RoughAnimator app
- a few different ways to make your hand drawn elements move across the page.
- how to turn an image made in Procreate into an animation using RoughAnimator
- how to create a hand drawn animation that shows the movement of your pencil or stylus
- how to use multiple colors in an animation, so you can turn any quote into a multi-colored animation.
All you need to take this class is your iPad, Procreate, and a stylus. The RoughAnimator app is optional, but it’s only a few dollars in the app store, so once you see how fun it is to use, you’ll probably want to buy it. If you’re growing your hand lettering business or online following, animating your lettering is a great way to get noticed online.
Ready to take this class? Go to the class page to get started. If you don’t have a Skillshare membership, you can still watch the class for free. Just sign up for a 2 week free trial to get started. See you there!