I’ve been working on ways to make my lettering process more simple and precise over the years, so for this class I wanted to distill all of my favorite tips and tricks (and free templates!) to share with you all. In the class, I show every part or my process for creating decorative and illustrative hand lettering on your iPad in Procreate.
You don’t have to be good at lettering to take this class, because I’ll show you how to use fonts as templates to design your lettering. I’ll show you five different styles and layouts, so you can learn tons of ways to bring your own unique style into decorating your lettering.
In the class you’ll learn how to:
- use a gold texture to turn a simple quote into a bright, shimmering work of art.
- apply any texture to your lettering.
- create a simple quote with two different types of lettering, and use texture brushes to add dimension to the words and background.
- create the your own texture brushes, so you can turn any texture into a Procreate brush.
- weave decorative elements in and out of the text to create a three dimensional effect.
- use templates to layout text in an oval shape, then use the symmetry tool to create whimsical decoration around a quote.
- build up layers to create a 3D effect that makes your lettering pop off the page.
When you take this class you’ll learn every part of my design process and get all of my lettering templates, so you don’t have to spend time drawing guides each time you create a new lettering piece.
The amazing thing about this process is that you can turn any phrase or quote into a beautiful piece of lettering art in a few simple steps.
You can use the projects you create in this class in digital and print form, so whether you’re making a greeting card for a friend or selling digital or printable art, this process will help you take your lettering to a whole new level.
Ready to take this class? Go to the class page to get started. See you there!